Skip to main content

International Driver's Permit (IDP)

For most trips abroad, an international driver's permit is mandatory. It functions as a transcription of your home country's Driving License but does not replace it so remember to bring both.

British riders can obtain an IDP at their local post office. American and Australian riders can obtain an IDP at their local AAA office. Riders from other countries should inquire with their local government offices.

For those who already have an international driver's permit, remember to confirm that it will be valid for the duration of your travels.

For more information by country, you can consult the "I know where I'm going" section.